Tuesday, November 21, 2006

almost naked • Shen Wei





The expressive portraits by Shen Wei are quiete impressive

Most time I photograph people in their own environments because it is personal, familiar, and comfortable for them. For me as a photographer, the situation becomes rather peculiar, intimate, and doubtful. Once I achieve the trust of the model, I can feel their energy and their desire to be seen and be explored but at the same time still reserve some for themselves. It is in those Almost Naked moments that my subjects are the most exquisite, when things occur, and what generally is not displayed initially in public is exposed.
Shen Wei in conversation with Joerg Colberg


almost naked
the full Conversation between Joerg Colberg and Shen Wei is here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...