Monday, July 14, 2008

SING HAPPY SONGS



Olive says:

Hello, my dear friends. I'm very pleased you've found my blob's new address.


Mike often encourages people to sing more songs, and I've found that it helps me whenever I feel sad. If you're feeling blue, sing a happy song out loud. People might think you're going round the bend, but don't let that worry you.

I love singing that old favourite, Happy Days are Here Again.

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again


I also enjoy singing that catchy Disney tune: Zippity Doo-dah
Zippity doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
Zippity-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay


Olive Riley, reputed to be the world's oldest internet blogger, she turned 108 last year, had posted more than 70 entries about her life since she began her blog (She referred to her blog as a ‘blob’) in February 2007.

She shared her thoughts on modern life and experiences of living through the entire 20th Century, including two world wars and the Great Depression.

In her final entry on 26 June, she described singing a happy song at her care home with nurses and a visitor.

Olive Riley passed away peacefully in the nursing home in New South Wales on Saturday.

... She will be mourned by thousands of internet friends and hundreds of descendants and other relatives.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...