Sunday, February 24, 2008
The Flying Vibes, who just gave a wonderful concert at the Farewell Party of Directors Lounge 08, will be on stage tonight (Sun 24th) at W(h)at is Jazz. Especially the mistress of the drums, Lucia Martinez, makes this a must-hear for everyone in Berlin tonight.
Expand for location details
RAW Tempel - Revaler Str.99 - Friedrichshain
doors open at 8 pm
Posted by placeboKatz at 11:35 AM
Monday, February 18, 2008
• The fourth Directors Lounge Berlin will take place from 7. - 17. february, at the time of the 58th Berlin International Festival. Your humble Katz will be there, thus ensuring that you get gossip, rumours and juicy facts straight from the horse's mouth.
Posted by placeboKatz at 11:48 AM
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Friday, February 08, 2008
Happy Famous Artists : eastern philosophy in berlin
Happy Famous Artists are a collective combining ideas of Intelligensius Anarchus and Jeff Blind.
" Our work is multimedial and conceptual with main areas of inspiration being the sciences, philosophy and psychology, political and social phenomena on one side, and classical as well as contemporary art and popular culture on the other. Our key interest lies in the research of how these perceived authorities shape and influence general perception of reality."
Eastern Philosophy, the logical sequel to Western Philosophy, will be presented in world premiere in attendance of the Happy Famous Artists
Keep On presents: Akiyuki Tanno
The Party Collective ‚Keep On‘ presents an evening with raw disco tunes, early electronic dance music and New York House Tracks.
DJs: Christopher Degras
Keep On consists of Jochen Otto and Christophe Degars as well as various associated DJs and musicians. Keep On pushes music which is between soulful techno and deep house by organizing parties and open-Airs and hosting a monthly radio show. Fine House Music: Keep On!
Akiyuki is a DJ from Tokio and played in various Clubs in Berlin, including the Tiger Beer Events ‘Tiger Translate’. He is also hosting a regular Party Evening ‘Boogaloo’ and hosted a Radio Show on Twen FM. Be prepared to take a trip from jazz-funk hits to uplifting disco and house sounds.
Posted by placeboKatz at 1:56 PM
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Tonight´s the night. Join us celebrating the opening of the forth Berlin Directors Lounge 2008..
• Expect a teasing compilation from all flavours of this years Directors Lounge 2008 interwoven with Hot Jazz and spontaneous live scoring.
Don Bad'habong wants you to join the fun
• Case Study by George Drivas will be screened in International premiere.
• Flash by André Werner, starring a mesmerizing Judy Schlesinger as the female lead, will be screened in world premiere.
• Death Jazz by Don Bad'habong
• Loungy Tunes by Dj Parry Hotter
Thursday, 7th February
Berlin Mitte, Friedrich Str. 112A
Doors open at 8 pm
Posted by placeboKatz at 11:31 PM